May 6, 2012 - Registrar of Voters opens Ballot Return Centers for Tuesday elections
Paper: Alameda Times-Star (CA)
Title: Registrar of Voters opens Ballot Return Centers for Tuesday elections
Date: May 6, 2012
Author: Sharon Noguchi
For the May 8 special election in the Saratoga and Santa Clara Unified school districts, voters may turn in ballots at Ballot Return Centers opened by the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters.
In a mail-only election, both districts are seeking to pass parcel taxes. No polling places will be open.
The following Ballot Return Centers will be open during normal business hours:
* Cupertino City Hall, 10300 Torre Ave.
* Los Gatos Town Hall, 110 E. Main St.
* Monte Sereno City Hall, 18041 Saratoga-Los Gatos Road.
* San Jose City Hall, 200 E. Santa Clara St., Wing 2.
* Sunnyvale City Hall, 650 W. Olive Ave.
* Santa Clara County Government Center, 70 W. Hedding Street, San Jose.
In addition, two centers will be open until 8 p.m. Tuesday:
* Santa Clara City Hall, 1500 Warburton Ave.
* Saratoga City Hall, 13777 Fruitvale Ave.
A Ballot Return Center at Mervyn's Plaza, 2047 El Camino Real (at Scott Boulevard), Santa Clara, will be open from noon to 8 p.m. Monday and from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
At the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters, 1555 Berger Drive, Building 2, San Jose, a 24-hour white drop box is located outside near the flagpole.
The locations are for dropping off ballots only. Those needing a replacement ballot may request one at the Registrar of Voters Office.
For more election information, go to or call 866-430-8683.
Record Number: 20563648
(c) 2012 Alameda Times-Star. All rights reserved. Reproduced with the permission of Media NewsGroup, Inc. by NewsBank, Inc.